Friday, March 12, 2010

Trip to the ER...What a Joy!!

So last night I hung out with Tanya and then watched Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice...then I headed to bed.  Out of a dead sleep i'm dealing with this aweful abdominal and kidney pain on the left!  I thought maybe it was gas or indigestion or something, so I held off from 11:30pm to 1:30am until I couldn't take it anymore!  I woke Dustin up and off to the ER at Banner Gateway we went.  We got there, waited for what seemed like eternity, got back in a room, waited over an hour til the PA came in and saw me.  Got started on Morphine, Zofran for the Morphine and Benadryl just in case I had a reaction since I'm allergic to Lortab.  Ugh.  I got some IV Antibiotics which I was immediately thankful for!

Then the waiting game began.  Blood in the urine...generally not a good thing.  Then blood draw and 3 ultrasounds.  Finally 6am rolls around and they finally let me go home!  Sooo not fun.  I'm hungry, loopy and still in some pain!  Bed was my best friend until about 115pm today!  Finally feeling better, got more antibiotics and i'm praying everything with this crap goes away.  This MAY explain the cruddy feeling i've had the last week or two.  Who knows.  All I know is this infection stuff is soooo not my best friend.

Hope it goes away soon.

1 comment:

A said...

Oh Man Ash!! Hope you feel better soon :)