Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So, since the last post….lots has happened!!! I was feeling better after much needed sleep! Was told I had a kidney and bladder infection, got pain meds and some antibiotics and sent home. I filled the antibiotics, but since I was feeling much better and hate taking medication, I told the pharmacist to throw away the rx for the Percocet. BAD IDEA. Since I was feeling better, Christa invited me to road trip with her to Show Low for the weekend! Since I’ve been feeling a little home sick I thought this would be perfect, so I packed and waited for her to pick me up about 4:30pm and off we went. Well we stopped in Payson for food and I couldn’t take it anymore. I was in soooo much pain, so much pain I was crying uncontrollably and Christa’s smelly KFC wasn’t making it any better.

Poor Christa, I made her pull over because I didn’t think I could make it to Show Low. Tylenol wasn’t helping and since Christa has never seen me in this much pain, she called my mom! Haha. I managed to call the Walgreen’s Pharmacy that I went to earlier and had them dig through the trash for my prescription for that Percocet I really could have used about now! Since it’s a narcotic, Dustin had to pick it up then on his way he was to be with me so Christa could go on to Show Low. My mom told Christa to take me to the ER and how thankful I was for that! We walked in the Payson ER about 7pm and they got me started on a shot of Morphine and a dark room! Dustin arrived about 8pm and Christa was able to get to Show Low. Two shots of Morphine, a shot of Delotid, more pain and moaning….then some running to the bathroom in between tears of pain sick to my stomach….I finally got some rest. Next came some more Percocet!

The doctor was great and told me the kind of pain I was having was that pain of a Kidney Stone! WOW….this pain was intense!!! I’ve since been told that Kidney pain is the worst pain a person would ever experience….well they weren’t lying. I don’t wish this sort of excruciating pain on my worst enemy! The doctor in Payson knew what he was talking about…(not surprised anymore that the Payson docs are better than the Phoenix ones, since this is my 2nd time as a patient in Payson). He gave me meds to relax my bladder wall so I could pass the stones he thought was in there. Apparently, the first sign of stones is blood in the urine, that means they are moving around. Since now I only experienced the pain and no blood, that means it’s stuck between the kidney and bladder wall. Just great.

About 4:00am I was wheeled out to the truck and pretty much was out! Got home and fast asleep in pain…slept until about 3:00pm on Saturday, enjoyed some company from Tanya and Dustin. Fell asleep again about 8:00pm until finally coming out of a coma about 8:00am on Sunday. Finally feeling better but still sooo exhausted. The reason for all this pain made it’s way out on Saturday afternoon….2 kidney stones! No bueno! Apparently, kidney stones are VERY common in pregnant women, and are caused from dehydration! Well I know now how to prevent them! Lemons help too!!!! Feeling much better and choking down the water since NOTHING tastes good these days!

1 comment:

A said...

Ash: Hope you feel better. Kidney stones are icky!!
Love, Am