Sunday, March 21, 2010

8 Weeks & Counting!!!

So…on Friday we went back to our OB for our 2 week follow-up at 8 weeks, for our first ULTRASOUND!!! Dustin’s Mom and Stepdad are in town from Oklahoma so we invited them to join us for the exciting visit to the doctor! Since my Mom, Grandma and Brinley are also in town, they met up with us there too! Brinley was suppose to be going to the Renaissance Festival with her mom but told her she didn’t want to go, she wanted to go to the doctor to hear the baby’s heartbeat! So there we were….all 10 of us in the waiting room!!! They finally called me back and once the tech was able to locate the baby and verify a heartbeat, everyone was able to come back and enjoy this happy time with us!

It’s sooo amazing the little blob on the screen is OUR BABY! While Dustin was amazed and said “that’s it, that’s our baby”…the tech said “Yep, you better take care of it”! We all laughed! She verified that there was ONLY ONE baby in there, with a good strong heartbeat and everything looked well! I’ll try and get some pictures from the ultrasound on here….even though it’s hard to tell what it is! Haha. We were able to hear our baby’s heartbeat and it was soooo loud! It was about 176BPM which is VERY fast, but is a good sign that our baby has a strong heartbeat! I am 8 weeks and 1 day, however, on ultrasound i'm measuring 8 weeks and 6 days, but since it's in the same week my due date doesn't change. 

It was nice to have my Mom, Tanya and Brinley there and I’m sure Dustin loved having his Mom there to experience this with us!  Afterwards we saw the PA, Abbey Coppenhaver; http://www.azmomdocs.com/Providers/Abbey_Copenhaver.aspx .  I was a bit apprehensive on seeing a PA since I was assured we would be seeing our Doc today…but Abbey was just what we needed! She’s very upbeat, outgoing and very very knowledgeable!!! She answered all our questions, plus some! We decided to do the blood test for Cystic Fibrosis since it is on my Mom’s side of the family. We were given information about The First Trimester Screening for Neural Tube Defects, which we opted to do. This will test for Down ’s syndrome and other Chromosomal disorders along with some cardiac defects as well. This will be done between 12 and 14 weeks. Although Dustin didn’t want to have these done, I want the piece of mind knowing our baby is healthy.

I’ve been feeling really sick all day after I take my prenatal vitamins whether it be in the evening or morning. I’m not liking this feeling at all! We talked to Abbey and she told me to start taking Flintstone Vitamin’s that it’s better to not feel nauseous all day long but still get the vitamins in my system! Thank goodness! They make me feel sooo horrible! Aside from sleeping the days and nights away, I’m feeling pretty good. Bathroom breaks and snacks are a MUST about 10 million times a day! Hahah. Things are good and I will come back next month for another check!

No comments: