Monday, June 14, 2010

I.....Can't.....Breathe.....

So lately, this little man inside me has been moving non-stop and growing a lot, I’m assuming!  He’s getting big enough now to where it’s getting harder and harder to breathe!  I feel amazing, and the mornings are the best!  My stomach is empty and there is more room in there for him to jump around!  But come lunch, my biggest meal of the day, I’m soooo uncomfortable cause there simple isn’t enough room in there for all this! Haha.  Apparently, which I did not know, digestion slows down so thus the feeling of being full or bloated ALL THE TIME! Haha.  Small meals and snacks are what I’m doing and helps a lot!

I’m loving pregnancy now that the kidney issues are resolved!  Getting lots of stuff from family and friends for our little Breckin!  Everyone has been very nice!  Thanks to Beth for the AMAZING collection of boy clothes ranging from 0-2 years!!!  We love love love them!!  We recently got the bedding set for his room, and over the weekend my Mom and I finished 5 blankets for him!  I love being crafty and knowing how to sew, his blankets are unique and nobody else has them! Haha.

Becoming a parent gets more and more scary each day!  But I can honestly say, I’m so excited for the day he is born and can only imagine the feeling that we will experience when we meet him for the first time!  It’s amazing how much love you have for someone you haven’t even met yet!  I will admit, I’m scared to have a baby! Haha.  I’ve been around them my entire life, however, I guess it’s different when it’s YOURS and you carry the sole responsibility to this human being.  It’s not Dustin & I anymore; it’s Dustin, Breckin and I now…it’s just crazy to think we will be PARENTS soon!

Time has flown by soooo fast since we found out we were expecting!  On June 9th I had my 20 week follow up with Dr. Allen, our OB and everything is moving right on schedule!  I’m measuring on track and Breckin’s heartbeat was 148!  I keep track of everything, which I think Dustin must assume I’m a nut, but it’s nice to know from month to month how our baby is doing.  Last month there was some concern for kidney issues since my UA came back with trace of Protein, which means infection.  I got me some cranberry pills, lemons and lots of water!  Thankfully, this appointment everything was PERFECT!

We have had 3 ultrasounds so far and have still one more to schedule.  Dustin and I opted to get the genetic testing done for Cystic Fibrosis since this runs in my family, everything was good here!  Next was the Ultra Screen; this is the test they do for Down’s and other Neural Tube Defects, but again everything was well!  My blood results came in at 1 in 10,000 chance of it and our ultrasound with this came in good!  The beginning of this month we did the Anatomy scan which just checks for various anatomy parts to make sure he’s growing on track.  He’s healthy!  We were notified of the Echogenic Intracardiac Foci, which is explained below:


While this is no harm to our baby, it was nice for Dr. Wolfson to tell us some history on this.  Breckin does NOT have a heart condition and from what I’ve been told by our OB, they are finding this little EIF more and more and they believe it’s because the ultrasound technology is getting better and better!  While some state this is a marker for Down ’s syndrome, our baby is in no harm.  The 3 things they look for are the result of the blood test, which mine again, were 1 in 10,000…then comes the presence of a nasal bone…which Breckin has.  And lastly, the neucal fold (the thickness of skin on the back of his neck), which again is normal.  While this is interesting to know, it was still scary as an expecting mother to hear!  Thank goodness Breckin is good to go!

I also found out when I was just 8 weeks pregnant that I am RH Negative, which means my blood type is O Negative so therefore my blood doesn’t mix well with other types.  Since this is not a problem with Breckin, it could be for any siblings he may get!  With that said, around 28 weeks I will have more blood drawn to double check the blood type and antibodies my body has built up.  What happens is my body “could” attack any little ones I get pregnant with and thing of them as a foreign body, since the blood type could be different.  So it’s a simple shot of Rhogam about 28-30 weeks to prevent this from happening in future pregnancies.  Antibodies take a long time to build up, thus, the reason why Breckin is safe.

Anyhow, after that I’ll have another ultrasound to make sure growth is going well and that will be again around 28-30 weeks…then I’m on my own! Haha…the waiting game will begin!  I’m still hoping he makes his debut before or after Halloween but on his own special day since we have a lot of October birthdays!  Either way, things are getting pretty exciting around my neck of the woods!!!  Can’t wait!!!! 

No comments: