Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter!!!!

Easter is coming and I’m not prepared at all…my days turn into my nights and my house is a mess all the time because I’m too tired to do ANYTHING!!! I just want to SLEEP all the time! I wanted to make a basket for Dustin for Easter, but he tells me he doesn’t like all the gross candy and that’s not really what Easter is about anyhow. So poop on him, he’s not getting a basket! This year is the first year we haven’t went to Tucson to Uncle Matt’s and it feels REALLY weird not being there! It’s always been a tradition but we understand why they didn’t have it this year….we definitely look forward to it next year!!!

I was planning on just staying home and enjoying the nice relaxing weekend, but Dustin surprised me with us going to Show Low for the weekend!!! YAY!!! I got off work early on Friday because I didn’t have much work to do, so I was home about 3:00pm and off we went! I was sooo excited to see my family, I’ve been REALLY HOMESICK lately! With me being sick and already had one failed attempt at visiting…I was bound and determined to make it up there!

I’m sure my Mom was excited that we came; she seemed rather bummed on the phone when I told her I didn’t have much extra funds to come up for the weekend and that I still need new tires on the Lexus. Boo. We made it to my parent’s about 8:00pm-ish, and my Mom and I ran over to watch Brinley color her Easter eggs! Dustin opted to hang out with Dad, so off we went! Brinley had a blast coloring eggs and boy did I make sure she got it EVERYWHERE! Well not too bad, but by the time we were done we made some artwork and colored her hands! Haha. Katrina and Mom assured me that next year; it would be MY CHILD with colored hands! It was fun though!!! How good of a job did she do writing all that out!  I just love the "2"!!!

Saturday us girls, Mom, Katrina, Myself and Brinley went to Wal-Mart for groceries and I don’t know if it was the fact that I really was tired, or the thin air up there! I was soooo EXHAUSTED! I couldn’t wait to get home and take a nap! The girls wanted lunch so we stopped at Taco Bell, but I passed out in the car! Hahahaha….it was a nice nap! We finally made it home and I about devoured chips and dip…mmmm my favorite just before we celebrated Easter on Saturday so that we weren’t getting home too too late on Sunday. We enjoyed a nice tasty ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls and of course desserts! It was sooo yummy! Saturday night Dustin and I had a slumber party with Brinley, watched Flicka and slept on the living room floor! Sooo not good for the back; halfway through the night Brin and I ended up on the couch! Haha.

Sunday we lounged around and I slept most of the day away before we headed back down the mountain about 2:00pm! Hahaha….thanks Mom and Dad for a great Easter! It was nice and relaxing!!! Love you guys!!!

No comments: